Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

burn movie

how do I burn my movie to dvd?

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 6:34 PM

4 replies

Jan 29, 2012 7:09 PM in response to bridgetfromtexas

First you must Share your movie using the Share menu. I recommend SHARE/MOVIE in Large size.

Next you need DVD encoding software. If you have an older Mac, you may have iDVD. It no longer comes on new Macs.

A good free option is BURN.

Available Here.

If you want to spend money, you can try Toast 11 from Roxio, or iDVD by Apple. Apple no longer sells iDVD, but you may find some retail stores that still have copies of iLife 11. You might also find new or used copies on Amazon or eBay.

Dec 30, 2012 9:14 AM in response to bridgetfromtexas

This didn't work for me. I have OSX 10.7.5 and when I go to the share menu everything is grey except the option to "remove from." There is not even a greyed out option for "movie." I have a project open.

Trying to learn how to work iMovie has been very frustrating for me. I got my Mac in July and still have not been successful in making a movie and burning it to a DVD. I downloaded Burn, but I can't get a movie to it.

burn movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.