Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intermittent crashes and lagging responses.

Hi,

I have had my macbook for two years now and have had the problem for about a year, I have been unable to take it to a shop as I have been away at university.

So basically, no matter what I do the system just seems slow about everything, and when I say everything I mean EVERYTHING. Whether it be opening up emails, switching tabs in safari or opening a downloaded file, there is almost always a crash and a delay before it does it. The delays usually come with the loading colour wheel, which is there for about 4 or 5 seconds and then it goes and the system will be like normal again.

I have tried re-installing the software from the disk TWICE, so it was 100% back to it's factory defaults, but the problem resumes... I'm not an expert with these sorts of things but I'm guessing it has to be something hardware related instead then? Am I the only one with this issue? Does anyone know if this might be covered under apple care? I am a very poor student and wont be able to pay much to repair it until I graduate :/

Thanks in advance for any help!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 8:58 PM

1 reply

Jan 29, 2012 9:12 PM in response to jameshhhh

Applecare works if you have the extended warranty. You've had it two years, so the original warranty is over. How did you reinstall from a disk if you are running lion? Did you do a clean install? If you did the reinstall from the software restore partition you should have used the disk utility option to repair permissions and repair the drive. It is posible that your drive is starting to go. That's why using the disk utility option could check that. Make sure that the S.M.A.R.T statis is still good.

Intermittent crashes and lagging responses.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.