Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can we interface external usb camera or usb device(storage, card reader) to Ipad 2.What all things are need(any development Kit apart from IOS sdk)

Hi,

Before going any further in my research, I want to know the views and opinions about the intent of my work I am about to start.

AIM : I am trying to interface an external uvc camera with the ipad 2 and iphone .Just like in android there is a node(in unix and linux everythign is a file)which gets created in the /dev/ directory which can be accesses by the application using the native interfaces (JNI) and finally via the android code.I am trying to develop the similair application for the ipad 2 and iphone.

Can some one plz point out :

(1) How I can interface external hardware like ( external uvc camera) or any other USB device(a card reader, a storage device, a barometer etc)

(2) I have googled about Apple's Authentication chip which can be used to interface the external h/w.Can some one point out how useful it is.Is this related to that somehow.

(3)What are the things similair to JNI, node, /dev/ in the IOS for Ipad 2 and Iphone.

I will be highly obliged ,if some one could provide me the top pointers on it.

Thanks and Rgds,

MangoApple

iPad 2, iOS 4, Interfacing External Camera

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 2:46 AM

1 reply

How can we interface external usb camera or usb device(storage, card reader) to Ipad 2.What all things are need(any development Kit apart from IOS sdk)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.