Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security passwords

I keep going to my security page and finding my lock unlocked. I changed my password and NO ONE knows it except for me and it just happened again! What is going on?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 4:50 AM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2012 12:41 PM in response to icare!

Oh I am so glad someone else has this problem. I also set my admin passcode and then my firmware passcode. I have had security issues already and set the firmward passcode to prevent changes to my hard drive. Well, neither one is working. I cannot install any software and cannot change the passcodes, I have webpages opening on their own, and I feel that my computer is being accessed remotely. I also have found that private accounts seem to be accessed. I tried to reinstall the OS, which is Lion, but of course without the firmware passcode it will not allow me near the OS. I have been told by Apple Support that I have to pay out of pocket to have this checked and fixed.

Security passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.