Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delay or limit the menu bar drop down in full screen screen sharing in Lion?

I'm trying to set up my home network with a single "server" iMac (running the non-server version of Lion) and various "clients" that would remote in to an account on the server. The purpose of the exercise is to have all the clients show exactly the same "state" - same browser tabs, same web browser shopping carts, same read/unread marks on e-mail, same saved e-mail drafts, etc.

My understanding is that Lion's screen sharing will get me almost all the way to where I want to be - multiple users can be remoted into the same account and remote computers can display sessions from the server in full screen.

However, when the clients are in full screen mode, the screen sharing menu bar drops down over the server's menu bar whenever the mouse hits the top of the screen. This makes working awkward since it's not unusual to hit the top of the screen when trying to use the menu bar in the remote session.

Is there any way to alter this behavior? Either by imposing a multi-second delay before the screen sharing menu bar drops down or by requiring a special set of keys to be held down before the behavior is triggered?

Thanks in advance.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 9:28 AM

2 replies

How do I delay or limit the menu bar drop down in full screen screen sharing in Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.