Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't log into purchase book on aperture

I am trying to purchase a book on aperture. Everytime I put my log in credetinals, it takes me to a screen llike I need to create a new account. I have verified passwords. and everythig but can't get it to work.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 1:35 PM

9 replies

Feb 6, 2012 6:55 AM in response to Cindybea

I was finally able to do a workaround by realizing that it didn't like the answer to my security question even though it was definitely correct. What it wanted was more than 5 characters in the response to the security question. Someone had mentioned this in another forum also but I can't seem to find that link. Anyway, I went to the manage your Apple ID website (https://appleid.apple.com) and updated to a new security question with a new answer that was longer than 5 characters. I went back to aperture and was finally able to sign in. Very annoying though!

Aug 1, 2012 3:10 PM in response to nyctravis

This worked for me. Thanks for the post. Aperture wouldn't process my Apple ID when I tried to buy a book. It kept telling me that the answer to my security question was wrong (it wasn't, but it had only 5 characters). I went to manage my Apple ID at (https://appleid.apple.com) and updated to a new security question with a new answer that was longer than 5 characters. When I went back to aperture, I "created a new account" with all my old information, including the new security question and longer answer, and it let me in. Bingo! NOTE: I had to cancel the whole order half way through because the book ordering process wouldn't allow me to access any other info on my Mac while I was ordering the book. The shipping address I needed was in my address book. So have all your shipping info accessable before you start the order. That's all. Thanks again.

Jul 26, 2013 8:10 AM in response to jrebbc

Thanks nyctravis! Your solution worked for me too. I was not able to login on most attempts. The once or twice I could log in I would enter a shipping address and then I would get a very cryptic message saying "Try Again Later".

It turns out I had an answer to a security question that was four characters. After I changed it I had to enter all the new account information again (for my existing account). However, this time it allowed me to enter my shipping address and proceed to the credit card validation. However, on the final confirm page it was using some old shipping address that I never had entered for this account (my wife had entered it on her account). After trying to create a new shipping address a couple times without any luck I tried once more but this time putting a space between the first three and second three characters of a Canadian postal code. Finally accepted the address. This is the worst web sales interface I have ever used because it fails either cryptically or silently. Shame on you Apple for not addressing the obvious and numerous flaws in this ecommerce app!!

Jan 23, 2014 4:18 AM in response to Cindybea

Hi everyone

I'm experiencing the same issue - I'm simply unable to log in when I try to purchase my book in Aperature. I keep getting stuck in a loop where I cannot progress beyond the 2nd 'Create Account' screen because it rejects my login details.

I've tried everything. I've:

- shut down wifi on my Mac & have connected directly to the internet using an ethernet cable

- checked all my security questions are greater than 5 characters

- changed my Apple account password

- tried to log in using my other Apple alias (***@icloud.com) however it always recognises it's me & the 2nd screen displays my hotmail email address details

- tried to create a new account using my other Apple alias (***@icloud.com) however it recognises that my account already exists

Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated?

can't log into purchase book on aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.