Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I read a book from nook for iPad without wifi?

I purchased a book on the nook for iPad app, but can't read it when I don't have wifi. Is there a way to side load it?

iPad

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 5:38 PM

6 replies

Jan 30, 2012 6:13 PM in response to Dawn1477

I never got the app to work well, personally. I think there is a comflict in file type between i books and the nook variety. The first nook book i bought ended up loading to my i book library.

What i think is hapeneing is that when you download a book, the device tries to verify that you are a registered user and the buyer. I would expect it plants a piece of code somewhere in the file, and looks at it every time you open the book. I would guess that something in that process failed, and it keeps wanting to verify vis the net every time you open the book.

I suggest you totally delete the app. Redownload it, and make sure you complete any registration steps that need to happen during the install process. If that does not work, wander over tho the barnes and nobel store with your pad, and ask for help.

How can I read a book from nook for iPad without wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.