Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my NZ iPhone 4 in Korea?

My girlfriend and I both have iphones. Mine is from Vodafone NZ and I bought hers through the Apple store.

In a few weeks time we will leave NZ to live in Daegu, Korea for a year😎.

We would really appreciate it, if anyone knew what we should come to expect.

Can we use our NZ iphones in Korea?

Thank you in advance...

Drew & Nat🙂

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 12:32 AM

5 replies

Jan 31, 2012 1:48 AM in response to phatnesianz

That problem you will run into is that South Korea requires that phones, like yours, not purchased in South Korea, be certified(you actually have to send the phone to Seoul) before they can be used in South Korea. From what I understand, this is not only expensive, but time consuming as well. The cost alone would be enough to dissuade me...about US $275 per phone. You might be better served by selling your phones & purchasing phones when you get to South Korea.

Nov 2, 2012 4:40 PM in response to phatnesianz

So I have lived in Daegu, South Korea for 9 months now. And our iphones work perfectly.

Thankfully we didn't sell our phones in NZ, I had a look online and NZ doesn't lock IPhones to their networks like other countries.

We went to SKT (in Daegu / National University of Ed) and bought new simcards for $10 each.

Then signed up for contract / plans.

We pay roughly $50 a month for unlimited data, 200 minutes, 600 text messages.

It costs $9 to roam overseas a day.

We've managed to travel to Japan and Hongkong using our South Korean sims.

It' been pretty succesful for us.

All I can say is, do heaps of research peeps, and don't stress :-)

Can I use my NZ iPhone 4 in Korea?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.