Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video in iBooks author

I added videos to my iBooks project in iBooks Author and it shows a black screen but I would like it to show a picture of the video.

Do I have to edit the video and put the picture which I want on the first second of the video?

If yes, is there a way to do it fast with Quicktime? I have Adobe Premiere but would prefere a faster way to do it.

Or, is there a way on iBooks author to choose what part of the video you want to be shown instead of the black screen.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 5:20 AM

Ok, I found the solution.

I went on Inspector, Widget (total left) and moved the slide on Poster Frame.

2 replies

Oct 5, 2012 12:40 PM in response to iMacange

I have had the same problem. But when I go to the Inspector, Widget and move the slider for Poster Frame, the Inspector does not allow it to stay there. It goes back to the beginning of the slider, and nothing is then displayed when the video is seen on an iBooks page when the iBooks is either previewed or exported to display on an iPad. Any suggestions?

Video in iBooks author

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.