Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error -6753 on Airport Express update

I updated the firmware my TimeCasule to 7.6.1 today with no problems. Then when I tried to update the firmware on the Airport Express in the living room I get the error:

"An error occured while updating the firmware. -6753."

I treid several times with the same result.

The Airport Express seems to be functioning normally and has the green light.

Any clues anyone?

Airport Express-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Needs to update firmwar to v. 7.6.1

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 9:24 AM

11 replies

Jan 31, 2012 10:31 AM in response to blueskymactech

The AirPort Express lost communication with the Time Capsule during the update process and now things are out of sequence on the network.

Try powering down the entire network....every device.....order is not important

Wait a minute or two

Start the modem first, and let it run a few minutes by itself

Start the Time Capsule the same way

Start the Express the same way

Start each other device one at a time about a minute apart

Check to see if the AirPort Express is functioning normally. If yes, you can try the download again.

If no, you'll have to perform a Factory Default Reset on the Express and configure it again.

May 23, 2012 9:12 AM in response to blueskymactech

I just went through all this today and thankfully got it all solved. I had an airport extreme with one airport express set up to widen the network area. I purchased another express to widen it again in a different area. The first setup has been working just fine for three years. When I went to add the second express I kept getting error -6753 when connecting. I read some of these threads and rest the EXtreme etc then I could access either express..

After calling in and finding a great support agent it turns out that when I connected the expresses with a LAN cable directly to my PC one at a time, resetting the expresses I was then able to access them under manual setup, which gave the error before, and get them added to extend the network. 10 minutes later they were both up and running again.

She is guessing it may be a firewall issue causing the error. Regardless, by using a LAN cable directly from the express to the PC it worked out great.

I hope this helps someone?! Cheers

Error -6753 on Airport Express update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.