Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Running FCP X on a new Mini with HDMI out, will FCP X output discreet surround channels via HDMI?

Does anyone know if FCP X will output the discreet surround channels via a Mini's HDMI port?

Thanks,

Michael

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 12:41 PM

8 replies

Feb 15, 2012 3:13 PM in response to stuckfootage

This is all very helpful. I don't doubt the Mini outputs surround sound through HDMI. The issue is will FCP X output the several discreet channels while mixing in surround sound mode through HDMI. Soundtrack Pro will output stereo channels through the various outputs on the computer. But STP will ONLY output surround sound via Firewire going into an interface such as Audissey or Focusrite, thus my question here.

Jan 5, 2013 7:08 AM in response to MShires

I'm running FCPX on a Mac Mini running OS X Mountain Lion connected to a Sony receiver through HDMI and can confirm that sound is being output on the rear channels during playback. The receiver is reporting it as L-PCM so your receiver probably needs to support 6 channel L-PCM over HDMI. I don't think FCPX is going to compress it to AC3 or DTS on the fly for you.

Running FCP X on a new Mini with HDMI out, will FCP X output discreet surround channels via HDMI?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.