Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Line In won't pick up any sound!!!!!

Alright, this is really annoying. I've been trying to record myself playing music on imovie to show people, but my line in won't pick up any sound! I've tried system prefrences>sound>line in and turning it all the way up and I've tried Utilities>Audio MIDI>Line In and turning that all the way up. I've tried everything I could think of and NOTHING is happening! This is getting really frusturating because I've never had any problems like this before and I can't quite figure it out. Any answers are appreciated. 😠

iMac

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 1:21 PM

2 replies

Jan 31, 2012 1:38 PM in response to WALTER-MILANO-ITALY

Your digital out has been turned on. You will also notice a red light in the hole when this happens. Use a plastic toothpick to reach into the hole and around the 3 o'clock position try flipping the switch. An alternate method that has worked for some people is to plug and unplug the earphones a few times. This sometimes resets the switch.

courtesy of First Magus

User uploaded file

Line In won't pick up any sound!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.