Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I import an .ics calendar to iCloud from Windows?

I have an iPhone and an iPad, but use a PC at work. I would like to import a calendar from my PC to my iCloud. I've exported the calendar as an .ics file, but can't find anything online instructing me how to import it into iCloud. Help please.

Thank you.

iPhone 4S, Windows XP

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 12:39 PM

I have done extensive research and it appears that this can't be done. A couple of people said you can email your .ics file to the iOS device, click on the file and you will be prompted to add the events to the calendar. But this process failed for me, and when I tried it a second time, I didn't get the "add all" option any more. I'm guessing the 4000 or so events were too much for the phone's processing and syncing capabilities. Anyway, Apple's failure to support a basic function like .ics import on Windows means that I won't be using iCloud anytime soon. It's too bad, because I would appreciate the ability to set a reminder on the desktop and have it work on the phone, which I can't do with my Gmail calendar.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2012 12:39 PM in response to angifitz

I have done extensive research and it appears that this can't be done. A couple of people said you can email your .ics file to the iOS device, click on the file and you will be prompted to add the events to the calendar. But this process failed for me, and when I tried it a second time, I didn't get the "add all" option any more. I'm guessing the 4000 or so events were too much for the phone's processing and syncing capabilities. Anyway, Apple's failure to support a basic function like .ics import on Windows means that I won't be using iCloud anytime soon. It's too bad, because I would appreciate the ability to set a reminder on the desktop and have it work on the phone, which I can't do with my Gmail calendar.

How can I import an .ics calendar to iCloud from Windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.