Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logged out from Facebook all the time on Lion's Safari 5.1.2

I constantly get logged out of my account on Facebook while using Safari.

What do I do to prevent this? (I have, of course, checked the "remember me" option.)

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 2.4GHz Core i7, SSD, Hi-Res Glossy

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 6:11 PM

Quit Safari.

Open Keychain Access located in /Applications/Utilities

Select Passwords on the left.

Type facebook in the search field top right corner of that window then right or control click that keychain then click Delete.

Relaunch Safari. Go to Safari > Preferences then select the Autofill tab.

Make sure User names and passwords is selected.

Navigate to the Facebook site, login with your user name and password. You should be prompted to save that data to a new keychain, click Yes.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2012 6:11 PM in response to Rudolfensis

Quit Safari.

Open Keychain Access located in /Applications/Utilities

Select Passwords on the left.

Type facebook in the search field top right corner of that window then right or control click that keychain then click Delete.

Relaunch Safari. Go to Safari > Preferences then select the Autofill tab.

Make sure User names and passwords is selected.

Navigate to the Facebook site, login with your user name and password. You should be prompted to save that data to a new keychain, click Yes.

Feb 1, 2012 5:19 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

I'm not sure you understood my problem — Facebook keeps logging me out. I didn't know there is something to do with Keychain remembering my password? Anyway, I tried it, but to no avail. (Except I didn't save my password to Keychain at the end.)

In Keychain it said "Passwords not saved" for Facebook (because I didn't want to save them in the past).

Feb 1, 2012 5:42 AM in response to Rudolfensis

Sometimes clearing your login data can fix the logout problem. I've helped Facebook users with this issue in the past and that helped.

Login to Facebook. Click the black arrow that faces down to the right of Home top right corner of the Facebook window then click Help.

And try deleting Facebook cookies. Go to Safari > Preferences - Privacy.

Click Details. Type facebook in the search field then click Remove All > Done

Feb 1, 2012 5:45 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Sometimes clearing your login data can fix the logout problem. I've helped Facebook users with this issue in the past and that helped.

Ah Ok 🙂 thanks

Login to Facebook. Click the black arrow that faces down to the right of Home top right corner of the Facebook window then click Help.

And try deleting Facebook cookies. Go to Safari > Preferences - Privacy.

Click Details. Type facebook in the search field then click Remove All > Done

Nothing in the Help section of Facebook... obviously they don't want to admit this. Same like Apple, no help files on this problem either.

I tried the cookie deletion, still logs me out 😟

Logged out from Facebook all the time on Lion's Safari 5.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.