Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mouse stuck in right click

Almost from the beginning my Magic Mouse periodically got stuck in right click mode. I could usually get it out of it by opening preferences and unchecking the right click mode and then clicking a few times and then choosing it again. BUT in the last week it has happened more and more and the only way I've gotten it out of the mode is to restart. VERY annoying. The computer is just over 3 months old, actually 3 days over the 90 day telephone support period. I called and got the following advice: buy an extended coverage plan or take it to an authorized Apple store to see someone at the Genius Bar. Well, the closest Apple store to me is 120 miles and has no Genius bar and since this is an intermittent problem I don't see how they can do anything. What I am going to do right now is put it away and get out my Logitech wireless and hook it up and forgo the luxury of scrolling with my Magic Mouse...but I will continue to look at these forums to see if anyone has a solution to this.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 4:55 PM

7 replies

Jun 28, 2017 6:04 AM in response to mlwilburn

SOLVED. I had the same exact problem. Origin and solution. I have a MacBook Pro - and carry my Magic Mouse with me in my backpack. I also have a monitor/mouse in my office, which I plug into everyday. Apparently, the crap in my backpack was shifting around and turned on my personal mouse- which paired with my MacBook. And something heavy was squishing it in the backpack - activating Right Click. My other office mouse still paired - so I was navigating - which permanently Right Clicking. turned off the personal mouse and "hey presto" problem solved.

Jan 31, 2012 5:47 PM in response to mlwilburn

My closest Apple store is an hour and a half away but I used this http://www.apple.com/buy/locator/service/ and found an AASP 20 minutes away and once they verified I was covered spoke to me at length on the phone. Do you have one nearby? Ended up taking a keyboard in and they replaced it free. Maybe the same for a mouse.

And I think your profile is out of date if you have a 3 month old iMac.

Jan 31, 2012 6:07 PM in response to Dave B.

I don't know what the profile is but I have the 27" Intel Imac, mid 2011 release. Thanks for the link but it showed me six places and the one 120 miles away is the closest. I really am in the middle of nowhere in the Ozark mountains. I can go to Little Rock, 150 miles...Memphis, 5 hour drive, but the closest it showed was in Springfield Missouri that is 120 miles. I actually go there every few months but not sure I'd want to drag my computer and mouse along for a problem that is intermittent. Thanks.

Jan 31, 2012 7:54 PM in response to mlwilburn

You know I might call them although I've dealt with this place before and they are usually less than helpful if you didn't buy your stuff from them. It is a very small place. For now I guess I'll use my Logitech to relieve my stress and contemplate what else...or maybe someone will come up with a fix. I did "google" this and I am not alone in this problem. Thanks Dave for your responses.

Margaret

Nov 25, 2015 1:41 AM in response to mlwilburn

I've just resolved this problem after 2 months of frustration!

It's bluetooth. Try turning it off then clicking around (and right clicking) on trackpad or magic mouse... then turn back on again.

If that doesn't work - also try un-pairing all bluetooth devices, then try again on trackpad. If problem resolved, re-pair devices...

T

mouse stuck in right click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.