Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my iTunes Connect account associated with my iOS Developers license to publish to the iBookstore?

I'm trying to sign up to publish to the iBookstore, and iTunes Connect will not work because I have that Apple ID already associated with my iTunes Connect account for publishing to the App Store. Can these be combined?

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 6:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 7:04 PM

No, sorry.

Separate.

Log out from one...log in to the other and use Safari's 'Empty Cache' menu to help clear the cruft if you stumble.

10 replies

Jul 9, 2012 11:13 AM in response to K T

ok, so, i also have an iOS developer account- and i want to set up an account to publish iBooks - i enter my iTunes Store name and ID but apple says it is - already being used for an iTunes Connect account that distributes Apps. To continue with this application, you must enter a different iTunes account.

so, it's possible for me to create another iTunes Store Account with a different email address and name from the same computer??

Jul 9, 2012 6:57 PM in response to K T

so, K T you say "log out from one...log into the other" What other??? when you try to create an iBooks account you are asked to log in using your iTunes Store account- but if your iTunes Store account ID and password is the same as it is for iTunes Connect that is being used for ios dev you are told that you can't use that identity -

ok, so, i created a new iTunes Store account but that was not recognized when i tried to use it to create an iBooks account -

In creating the new store account i used a different name in the initial box where you eneter name, ID and password - but i had to use same name and info for the billing section

so i can't use my established identity and i can't create a new one!!!

what am i missing here??

Jul 12, 2012 2:28 PM in response to K T

Thanks K T - but if you would indulge my idiocy further 😕

what i think you are sying is that i should go to MY APPLE ID and just change my ID to a different email address???

So, are we suppose to go into MY APPLE ID and switch the ID back and forth every time we want to go from iBooks to ios dev and vide versa???

thanks again

Jul 12, 2012 2:39 PM in response to pulses

No one said to change your existing ID. Create another one just for your paid books account/activity.

Use the link I provided and click on the big blue button that says 'Create an Apple ID'.

are we suppose to go into MY APPLE ID and switch the ID back and forth every time we want to go from iBooks to ios dev and vide versa???

No need to go there.

Just use the nearest 'Sign/log out' link, then log back in. You'll be given the chance to decide which to use when you log into iTunes Connect each time...which I'm sure you've seen w/your dev account already.

Ken

Jul 12, 2012 2:42 PM in response to MichiHenning

MichiHenning wrote:

pulses wrote:

So, are we suppose to go into MY APPLE ID and switch the ID back and forth every time we want to go from iBooks to ios dev and vide versa???

That is exactly how it works. Someone didn't do their information modeling correctly…

Michi.

That's not correct, sorry. It's not that complicated.

If anyone is bothering to visit My Apple ID every time they use a different log in, they are doing too much work...it's just a waste of time. Just log out in iTC, as an example, then input the other login/pwd and go.

Jul 12, 2012 2:43 PM in response to K T

That's not correct, sorry. It's not that complicated.

If anyone is bothering to visit My Apple ID every time they use a different log in, they are doing too much work...it's just a waste of time. Just log out in iTC, as an example, then input the other login/pwd and go.

Oops, I misread the post. You are right, it's not necessary to visit My Apple ID, just to log out and back in with a different ID. But that shouldn't be necessary either.

Michi.

Can I use my iTunes Connect account associated with my iOS Developers license to publish to the iBookstore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.