Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I store the message history on iChat

Hi,

Company use iChat for internal communication, no iChat server in office, no communication to external or Internet, just in office communcation only, the question is how can I keept he message history when I close iChat, thanks in advance.

Patrick

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 1:46 AM

3 replies

Feb 1, 2012 2:40 PM in response to Defcom-UK

Linked to Defcom's Post to follow on.

User uploaded file

There is also the way you can get to call back the previous or part of the Last chat you had with that person.

If you tick the box I have marked and then chose one of the options in the indicated drop down you will see either the whole of the last chat or the last x IMs of that chat when you click a Buddy to start a new Chat.

It does take a while to build up a history. (mine goes back to 2004 in some cases).

However it an be useful also when someone contacts you as this will trigger the setting as well.

iChat 4 does not have this setting but has a different one that keeps the Last Chat (with whoever) open across Shut down and restarting iChat.

With a good history of chats iChat 5 can run a close approximation of this.

iChat 6 will reopen any window that was open when your Quit iChat.

User uploaded file
10:40 PM Wednesday; February 1, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

How can I store the message history on iChat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.