Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I publish my iBooks Author book outside of iBookstore if I prepare another version with other software?

I would like to use iBooks Author to publish a book. Though I would also like access to other markets. I can prepare a print version and another ebook version with InDesign. Can I sell essentially the same book through other venues as long as the version isn't created in iBook Author?

MacBook pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 6:20 AM

2 replies

Feb 1, 2012 7:47 AM in response to K T

That's awesome - thanks so much for the speedy reply/post! I'm a-okay with preparing other versions in other software. I just wanted to make sure that I still own the actual content published via iBooks Author. Lot's of work ahead, but this will be a fun learning curve. iBooks Author does indeed look awesome. Better get my Lion upgrade done LOL!

Can I publish my iBooks Author book outside of iBookstore if I prepare another version with other software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.