Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deauthorize apple id

Hi,

I was recently at a friends place and authorized my apple ID on his computer. Now he's away, i.e. there is no way for me to get to the computer itself, is there anyway I can deauthorize my ID on his macbook? Is there anywhere I can centrally manage the computers I have authorized? If not, is there anything else I can to so that said person does not have access to my account in any way?

Thanks a lot!

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 7:55 AM

" is there anyway I can deauthorize my ID on his macbook?"

No. Unless you have reached the limit of 5, then you can deauthorize all.

" Is there anywhere I can centrally manage the computers I have authorized? "

No.

"If not, is there anything else I can to so that said person does not have access to my account in any way?"

Not until you reach the limit of 5. If the person does not know your password, then they cannot use your account.

Authorization only gives the computer permission to listen to the music and sync music/apps/etc to devices.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2012 7:55 AM in response to mlldmtn

" is there anyway I can deauthorize my ID on his macbook?"

No. Unless you have reached the limit of 5, then you can deauthorize all.

" Is there anywhere I can centrally manage the computers I have authorized? "

No.

"If not, is there anything else I can to so that said person does not have access to my account in any way?"

Not until you reach the limit of 5. If the person does not know your password, then they cannot use your account.

Authorization only gives the computer permission to listen to the music and sync music/apps/etc to devices.

deauthorize apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.