Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iLife in Snow Leopard to no iLife in Lion

I bought my MacBook Pro twenty months ago with iLife installed. I since wiped my drive clean and installed Lion and I can't seem to figure out how to get iLife, mainly iMovie, back.

Is there a way to do so? Was there a serial number included with my machine?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1), 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 8:15 AM

The issue could be that you "wiped your drive." What do you mean? This is not a required step to install Lion. All of your files and applications should have carried over when you upgraded. If you did delete all of your files and applications, you should give Apple a call or visit a retail store. They're usually pretty helpful if you're having an issue. If you're looking for a serial number, I can help with that too. Click on the apple menu, and click "about this mac." A small window should appear. Under the bold letters "Mac OS X" you should see "Version 10.7.2" or whatever version of Lion you are running. Click on that text twice, or until you see the serial number. If you'd rather not do that, you can look on the bottom of your Mac. The serial # should be there. Hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2012 8:15 AM in response to bahhhhh

The issue could be that you "wiped your drive." What do you mean? This is not a required step to install Lion. All of your files and applications should have carried over when you upgraded. If you did delete all of your files and applications, you should give Apple a call or visit a retail store. They're usually pretty helpful if you're having an issue. If you're looking for a serial number, I can help with that too. Click on the apple menu, and click "about this mac." A small window should appear. Under the bold letters "Mac OS X" you should see "Version 10.7.2" or whatever version of Lion you are running. Click on that text twice, or until you see the serial number. If you'd rather not do that, you can look on the bottom of your Mac. The serial # should be there. Hope this helps!

Feb 1, 2012 8:52 AM in response to robertfrommiddlebury

By wipe my drive I meant completely erase everything using Disk Utility. I know I didn't have to do this before installing Lion, but my machine felt a bit sluggish. Or maybe it was just me... anyway.

As for the serial number, I meant an iLife serial. I looked in MBP my box and realised I was given a disk with additional applications on it, which included the iLife suite.

Thanks for your help!

-Sean

iLife in Snow Leopard to no iLife in Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.