Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repairing Aperture's library isn't solving the problem.

Every time I open Aperture, I get a prompt telling me that "Aperture has detected inconsistencies in my library". I click Repair, which takes a minute or two, then I can use Aperture normally. However, as soon as I quit and re-open Aperture, I get the same prompt.

I know I should probably rebuild my library, but when I option-click the application, no additional dialog for rebuilding the library appears.

I have Aperture 3.2.2, bought from the Mac App Store.

-

Bruno

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 7:01 AM

9 replies

Feb 1, 2012 7:11 AM in response to speedygl911

Hello Bruno,

Select your Aperture Library, and firmly hold down Option and Command as you double click the Library. That should bring up the First Aid dialogue for the Library. You might also try to delete the Preferences and check the other Trouble shooting options described here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3805

Post back, if rebuilding the Library does not work.

Regards

Léonie

Feb 1, 2012 8:39 AM in response to speedygl911

Make sure you have a good working backuo. Going in and messing with the library at that level is really a last ditch effort.

Not being able to bring up the first aid window is strange. When you try that what happens, you get the Library inconsistency message right away? Have you tied double clicking on the library rather then the application while holding down the option and command keys?

Another thing, when you do do the repair that you say you are prompted to do as soon as that is done quit Aperture instead or using it and then try opening with the option command keys down.

Have you tried opening Aperture while holding down the option key and making a new empty library. Then from within Aperture doing a File->Switch to Library and selecting this library? What happens?

Repairing Aperture's library isn't solving the problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.