You do not need iDisk to import a .ppt into the iPad keynote app. Follow the instructions below:
- Connect your iOS device to your computer using the included Dock Connector to USB cable.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Select your iOS device from the Devices section on the left side of iTunes.
- Click the Apps tab and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Note: If you do not see the File Sharing section shown in the image below, your iOS device does not have any apps installed which support File Sharing, such as the iWork for iOS apps.
- Under the File Sharing section, you should find a list of apps currently installed on your iOS device that use File Sharing (such as Keynote, Pages, and Numbers for iOS). Select an app to view a list of the files associated with that app on your iOS device.
- You can drag and drop files into the Documents list to send them to the app on your iOS device. You can also click the Add button, locate the file or files you want to send from your computer, and then click the Choose. The files you select will be copied to the app on your iOS device immediately. Select only files that are supported by the iOS app. For a list of iWork for iOS supported files, refer to the Additional Information section below.
- Once you’ve copied your file(s) to your iOS device from within iTunes, open Keynote, Pages, or Numbers on your iOS device.
- Navigate to the Document Manager screen:
- Tap the plus icon in the upper-left corner, and then tap the iTunes icon:
- This will open the "Copy from iTunes" window:
- Any compatible file that you’ve copied to your iOS device using File Sharing will be listed in the "Copy from iTunes" window. If the file is not listed, confirm its file type is compatible with the iWork app (refer to theAdditional Information section below).
- Tap the file you want to copy and the document will automatically be added to the Document Manager and open.
If you need anything else, do get in touch:
Your advice was excellent except for one thing. I don't have File Sharing at the bottom of my Apps page. So I downloaded Pages (iWork) which is supposed to be a sharing App, but even when I rebooted, I don't get File Sharing at the bottom of the page. Hence, I can't drag my ppt presentation into Keynote.
Can you help me figure this out. I think once I have that, I can follow the rest of your directions and accomplish my task.
Thanks for your help!
I'm doing something wrong. The only thing below the list of apps "Check for updates" and "Get more apps."
Yes, I know Keynote will open my ppt IF I can get into the Keynote file as a document to open.
The image you show in your first set of directions (showing File Sharing) right after point 4, simply doesn't exist for me. If it did, I'd continue with your instructions and I'd be on my way. I know your directions are correct. I'm just stuck until I can get the File Sharing to show up. Thanks for your patience.
I believe I know where you are going wrong. Please make sure, that on the left pane of iTunes, your connected iPad is selected. Ignore the 'Apps' list on the left pane, which I believe you may have clicked if you are seeing the "check for updates" and "get more apps" buttons.
You should see a summary which tells you the name of your iPad, as well as Update, Restore and Backup options. Above this, is a white bar, with one button saying "Apps". When you click this, you will see a list of your Apps, images of your homesecreens, and below these, the file sharing.
Remember, please make sure your iPad is selected on the left pane, before you click Apps on the top, white bar.