Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I schedule an email to be sent automatically at a specific time with Automator?

I need to be able to send an automatic email every day at 8am and 5pm. Will Automator be able to do this for me if I download it?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 8:05 AM

6 replies

Feb 6, 2012 10:30 AM in response to stacenet

The best way to have scheduled emails sent is by using LetterMeLater.com.

I've been using this site for a year and works flawlessly. It allows me to select any time to send and I don't need to be connected to the internet in order for the email to be sent. I simply enter the content, subject, who I'm sending it to, the time I want it sent, and the site does the rest for you!

Check it out at LetterMeLater.com

Feb 16, 2015 10:40 AM in response to stacenet

Set up your Automator like this. I use this setup for repeating meetings and am doing so in OS 10.10.2 (Yosemite). Be aware when you set this up and save it will automatically compose and send the email immediately.

Open Automator, choose Calendar Alarm, Search "mail", drag "new mail message" to the right gray open area, drag "send outgoing messages" below this. Once you compose your message and add your recipients save your work. The calendar event will be added to the calendar at the time you saved your work. (You clicked save at 12:01, the event will be saved to the Calendar at 12:01. This will also automatically send out the email at that time, so just be aware of that. Once in your calendar, you may augment the times and repeats as you see fit, just like a regular event.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Can I schedule an email to be sent automatically at a specific time with Automator?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.