Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 12gb of RAM running very very slow.

My late 2010 iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 12gb of ram is running very slow. It takes a very long for the computer to boot with the desktop taking ages to fully load. Applications are also taking an unholy amount of time to load with the spinning wheel always appearing through out use, and they often crash or don't respond and close during use. I'm talking applications like Word taking 3 minutes to load and getting the spinning wheel when font size is tried to be changed and crashing and closing if a large volume of text is attempted to be pasted into a document.The computer is also failing to shut down properly just staying on a blue screen. I recently wiped and completed a fresh install however the issues came back.

As you can imagine after spending so much on the computer I'm not best pleased about these issue, I've spoken to the apple staff in my local store by they weren't very helpful and seemed to no little about computers and the so called "Genius" who I spoke to about my issue was a joke, repeating himself and talking utter rubbish, while I understand you need to look at a computer to get a real picture of an issue, some advice could of been provided. I haven't got time to take the computer to the store at the moment and get a technician to look a it, so I was wondering if anyone else had experienced these issues and knew what caused the fault, and that way if possible I can repair the issue myself.

Thanks in advance for any help on the issue it’s much appreciated. At the moment I'm pretty close to ditching the thing and buying an Alienware!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 9:38 AM

1 reply

iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 12gb of RAM running very very slow.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.