Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s Automatic Carrier OFF Won't Work

I have a problem with my iPhone 4s. I want to select Automatic Carrier OFF and it will automatically set it ON. I had an iPhone 3Gs and it worked perfectly and I always had Automatic Carrier OFF and I selected my Carrier and it worked great, now with the "new and improved" iPhone 4s I can't do that! Is it a software issue?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 11:52 AM

3 replies

Feb 1, 2012 11:55 AM in response to Golino

If you bought your phone on contract then you are locked to a particular service provider and cannot choose the network to roam on. If your phone is unlocked, then you should be able to see a list of providers active in your area. Charges will apply if you connect to a carrier that does not have a sub-carrier agreement with your primary provider.

Feb 21, 2012 4:26 PM in response to Unshaven

It's not a carrier issue, I had exactly the same carrier and plan in my iphone 3GS and this problem happened when I switched to iPhone 4s. I just can't turn my Network Selections Setting to Automatic OFF and when I do it it automatically resets itself to ON. I dont want this because I live in a Border Town and as soon as I cross to the U.S. or Mexico, it automatically selects another carrier.

Nov 27, 2015 6:27 AM in response to Golino

Hi,

My girlfriend has an iPhone 5 from Japan. The iPhone has wifi challenges in that it keeps disconnecting from wifi. 3 months ago I found that by turning off the "automatic carrier" option in settings, the wifi issue magically resolved itself. But recently, I'm not sure what I did, but every time I turn automatic carrier setting off, it turns itself back on.

Just wondering if you even figured out how to turn it off, and KEEP it off.

iPhone 4s Automatic Carrier OFF Won't Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.