Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Point me to a howto or setup guide?

Setting up mac os lion server. Is there a setup guide or howto?

Have a primary domain, we'll say domain1.com. However there are three other domains and the email is just a mail forwarder to accounts on Domain1.com.

I see i can add virtual domains, but how do i ensure that Lion Server will route that mail correctly? Do i add the virtual domains and then add email addresses to the users so they would show user1@domain1.com, user1@domain2.com, etc?

Do i need to make their login ID (short name) to include the @domain1.com or if I join lion to the domain can they login with the AD account to check email?

Do I need directory services running or can I join mac os x lion server to the existing Active Directory domain?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 2:30 PM

Their user name 'short name' is the name they log into the server with. their email address is set in the info tab in Workgroup manager.

5 replies

Feb 1, 2012 4:56 PM in response to Troy Shafer

you sould not place the info@domain2.com into the INFO section. Personally where I have needed to do what you need to do I have added them into local aliases (/etc/postfix/aliases) in the form of

info user1 user2 user3

then used newaliases and reload postfix

I should add that this is how I have done it in pre 10.7 I have not had reason to do it in 10.7 but there is no reason for that not to work.

Oct 21, 2012 11:59 PM in response to Tim Harris

Hi Tim.

I have recently added a secondary domain, and inserted three new users for this associated domain. I want to set up emails, yet they aren't showing up. I've given them emails in their short names, as well as set them in the info tab, but they are not showing up in Server Admin: email: accounts.

For the life of me I can't get these new users' emails to show up. Any ideas?

Cheers

Point me to a howto or setup guide?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.