Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete ibooks from itunes

I have been working in iBooks Author and have done a couple of exports to iTunes of my book. I get multipule titles of same book. How do I delete books from listing?

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 4:19 PM

9 replies

May 5, 2015 4:23 AM in response to Tony Brave

The solution mentioned here didn't work for me, however the rejection beep tone coming out of my Mac was more than I want to hear this morning😮. (remember to turn volume down)

In iTunes 12.1.2, iBooks is managed through the iBooks app on your Mac. (Funny I never noticed Apple adding iBooks to my OS, but than I only ever add pdf's to my iPad and then it gets synced to my Mac later.)

• Open your iBooks App right click on the book or PDF you wish to remove
  • For those with Windows Mouse permanently stuck in there heads. right click on the file, and a dialog box pops
  • Select "Delete" and click
  • You'll be asked to verify the delete request, (Yes or No).
  • Now when you go back to iTunes iBooks, those items will be GONE.

Funny, not even Apple has a hint that iBooks in iTunes is managed from iBooks the OS App, at least in my review of the iTunes manual.

Apple Community is and has always been the best source for resolving and answering user questions.

delete ibooks from itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.