Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new text message notification won't go away, but there are no unread text messages

I've tried turning the phone off and on again about a million times. I've tried deleting the text message thread that it should have been talking about. I've restored my settings, I've erased the entire phone and then restored from itunes... and IT'S STILL THERE. Stupid little red "1" in the text message icon. When I click on messages, it just opens to the screen showing all your threads. I've obviously checked all, and there are no unread messages...and even if there was 1 unread message like it's saying, when I click on messages it should open up directly to it, but it doesn't, because there isn't one.

Don't know what else to try. Anyone have any suggestions or heard of this before? Thank you so much, I appreciate all help!

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2015 3:10 PM

[POSSIBLE FIX]

simply ask SIRI "read messages"

she finds the messages that you can't physically see since the message never really appeared but is still there.

7 replies

new text message notification won't go away, but there are no unread text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.