Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone having trouble sharing large images via email with Aperture 3 and OSX 10.7.2?

I am having trouble sharing images via email with Aperture 3. No matter what size I have in the preferences, the image is thumbnail size. The requested size flashes on the email a couple of times but the small size remains and is sent. I am using OSX 10.7.2. Any suggestions how I may send larger sizes?

oldgranddad

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 4:46 PM

5 replies

Feb 2, 2012 6:50 AM in response to oldgranddad

I have taught many how to use GUI-based computers. The number of controls they are aware of on the screen always progresses, usually linearly with the amount of time they spend actively learning the GUI. Beginners are totally flummoxed that windows can hide other windows. A step beyond that, they are amazed that they can resize windows using the mouse cursor. Those two are trivial to most users today, but they illustrate 1. that there is nothing "intuitive" about the GUI, and 2. that the amount one perceives is dependant on the amount one knows. IME, this has nothing to do with age, and everything to do with experience using a GUI.

Here is a good hint: if you are using a Mac and can't figure out how to do something, look for something to click. If you find something that seems promising, try "{Option}+clicking".

The interface is richer than any one person can master. Frank's statement "most times we all fail to see everything 😉 " is, imho, _always_ true. We never see everything, even in the grossly limited resolution of our computer screens.

Anyone having trouble sharing large images via email with Aperture 3 and OSX 10.7.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.