Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fax fail after install canon Printer / remove canon printer driver

i have a iMac G4 use as Fax Server ... (simply 10.5.8 installed ... and share the Fax Printer)

all other machines are Lion.

everything works perfect ...

then i downloaded the Driver for my canon mg5300 printer (just to be able to scan properly) ...

since installing the canon printer the fax service does spool faxes forever or efax service terminates after a while.

remote faxing results in spooling and imidealty mark the job as completed without having any activity on the modem.

does anyone know how to fix this

or how i sucessfully get rid of the canon printer driver in order to restore the fax functionality (since this is the main pourpose of this machine)

i have removed ~/lib/Printers items already

also cleared /System/lib/Printers the printer can not be found anymore ... but the problem is still there ..

Mario

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 5:01 PM

4 replies

Feb 1, 2012 8:16 PM in response to BDAqua

no it's a Canon MG5370 connecting via Ethernet only (no physical connection to the iMac)

the printer does not support faxing (print & scan only)

i use the internal fax modem for faxing only (its doing this task since years with zero issues)

i have tried serval times adding and removing the fax printer .. in basically every possible conbination ...

now i have removed all references to the canon printer in /Library/Printers/ and ~/Library/Printers/

removed the printer in Preferencies, removed and re-added the Fax Printer ...

same thing ... locally faxing results in status "preparing" which lasts forever

remote faxing results in imideatly status "Completed"

Fax fail after install canon Printer / remove canon printer driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.