Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies Not Showing Up in iTunes

I am on an iMac with the lastest everything. Including 10.7.3. The problem was happening before 10.7.3 also.

I add m4v files to my iTunes library, they copy in, but I can't find them. If I go to my iTunes Media folder, I can find them in there. But, I just can't see them in iTunes.

I allow iTunes to manage my library. Not sure why things aren't showing?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 6:11 PM

13 replies

Feb 3, 2012 11:09 PM in response to poleary2000

Hey, do you use iTunes Match? I was having this same problem. I tried importing a video using Add to Library. Nothing showed up in iTunes, but the Media appeared in the iTunes folder. Tried twice more, nothing. Tried a CD, same problem. Turned off iTunes Match, and suddenly the CD and THREE copies of the video appeared in my Library. :-)

I hope that works for you, too.

And PS -- afterwards I turned Match back on and everything is still showing up. Of course it had to go through its scan & verify process again, but that only took a minute and everything is good now.

Message was edited by: xTT

Feb 22, 2012 4:32 PM in response to poleary2000

This problem affects Windows users too. Has anyone found a fix other than recreating the library? I went to my home server and restored a backed up ITL file but the corruption looks like it must go at least a couple weeks back and I can't resolve it.

I tried creating a new library from scratch. This allowed me to re-import everything just fine, but since this is the machine that syncs my iPhone and iPad, iTunes said that they were synced with a different library and it wanted to replace all of the apps and data on both devices. That's unacceptable.

Interestingly the movies I added show up as being available to put on the iPad and iPhone. It's just that they don't appear in the main Movies view. So it's more like the Movies view is corrupted. I tried removing all of the movies and re-importing them, but now the view just shows the "Feature films and home movies you add to iTunes..." splash page, so it appears there are no movies.

If I can just get them into a playlist then I can live with that.

Movies Not Showing Up in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.