Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No MMS w/AT&T Microcell

I have AT&T with a Microcell installed. Works fine for voice and SMS messages, but I cannot send or receive MMS messages on the iPhone. The other 4 phones have no problem sending or receiveing MMS messages over the Microcell. When I send an MMS, it always gets an error, and if someone sends me an MMS, I receive it right after I go out of range of the Microcell. Does anyone else have this problem, and/or is Apple working on a solution?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 7:39 PM

4 replies

Feb 1, 2012 9:12 PM in response to SteveLasher

As noted by the previous poster, I don't believe this is a widespread issue. I have AT&T and a Microcell and we have 4 iPhones here in the family and none are experiencing the issues that you describe. If you have tried what the other poster suggested and it still does not function correctly, I suggest you try resetting the Microcell by disconnecting the power and reconnecting it. If that doesn't work, contact AT&T and have them check your account to ensure everything is provisioned correctly.

Feb 2, 2012 5:22 AM in response to gdgmacguy

Yes, I have tried all of the above - resetting/restoring both the iPhone and the Microcell. Before posting, I did a google search on the problem, and based on the resutls, it does appear to be a widespread issue. One of my neighbors also has a Microcell (our neighborhood is a dead zone) and the same problem exists (works for every phone except iPhone). I have contacted AT&T, and they've sent a technician out to test the lines and check my setup, and they've swapped my Microcell twice. I've never had an issue with the other phones (Nokia, Samsung, Sony), but it's never worked with the iPhone.

No MMS w/AT&T Microcell

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.