Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New File sharing Pane?? 10.7.3

Hello,

I updated one of my test VMs today and to my suprised... Nothing changed at all. All the files in server.app looked exactly the same. Weren't a bunch of useful features I missed from 10.6 supposed to be back at my disposal???

I would appreciate anyone's input if they have updated and are enjoying the new "features"

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 9:52 PM

11 replies

Feb 2, 2012 8:33 AM in response to adhuston

Uhhhhh, maybe I am not being clear? I looked in the server.app under file sharing and found NONE of the following things that should have been updated. I see no expanded features nor anything new. Can you take a screenshot of any of the following??

I upgrade three of my servers with no change.

"To start, the Server app has received numerous interface improvements, which reveal added functionality. The File Sharing pane now displays the number of users connected via AFP and SMB and has a new Connected Users tab that displays details about those connections (user name and idle time for AFP, and client IP and connection type for both AFP and SMB). That tab also enables admins to send messages to AFP-connected users and to disconnect them, with or without a message. Lastly, admins can create a greeting that will be displayed to users who connect via AFP."

Feb 2, 2012 8:50 AM in response to nei0angei0

Here's what mine looks like:

User uploaded file

Edit Greeting:

User uploaded file

I really don't see anything new. I mean this stuff was all in 10.6 under Server Admin. It's just been incorperated in to the Server.app. I don't think that there really are any new wiz-bang features. Just handy things that were already present in older OSes.

One other thing. Are you currently on the server itself, or are you on a remote management machine? If you're on a remote management machine, you'll need to copy the server.app from the Applications folder on your server to your Applications forlder on your management machine.

Feb 3, 2012 5:56 PM in response to SEMDI

Let's just say if any of the the Server.app package content has been compromised or tweak then the update won't properly take.

Technically when you upgraded to 10.7.2, your server app should have updated to 10.7.2.

If you are still on 10.7.0 for server.app, you should delete your server.app, and then redownload it from the app store.

Catch my drift?

New File sharing Pane?? 10.7.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.