Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best audio interface to use with Lion?

I have used Tascam for quite a while, but they are not offering drivers for Lion. I don't want Apogee. What are good alternatives?

Mac mini (Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 6:44 PM

I researched this for a friend 3 month ago. The only reasonable priced company up to date with drivers was

PreSonus (FireStudio Project 8 inputs $400), they have smaler units too. Evrybody else is dragging their tales with drivers unless you want to go (slower USB) I have Alesis iO|25 great firewire interface, stay away! No driver-upkeep at all. I only buy from a company with regular driver updates. I wish Apple would take over on that. Good luck.

W.W.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2012 6:44 PM in response to Protectserve

I researched this for a friend 3 month ago. The only reasonable priced company up to date with drivers was

PreSonus (FireStudio Project 8 inputs $400), they have smaler units too. Evrybody else is dragging their tales with drivers unless you want to go (slower USB) I have Alesis iO|25 great firewire interface, stay away! No driver-upkeep at all. I only buy from a company with regular driver updates. I wish Apple would take over on that. Good luck.

W.W.

Aug 8, 2012 10:06 PM in response to Protectserve

MOTU and UA. MOTU seems to believe in diligence when it comes to supporting their legacy products. Good price/quality ratio. 828 mk3, 828 mk3 ultralight and the new TRACK16 are all great products. if you need more preamps the 8pre is a nice addition UA is creating the thunderbolt interface with the apollo. SHould be nice. I don't work for either company but I wish I could afford one of them because my tascam fw1082 is useless now. Why does logic have it listed in the controlers now? Presonus just pulled a tascam and dropped support for a bunch on the FW interfaces. they list it on their website.

What is the best audio interface to use with Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.