Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will apple update iweb anytime soon or ever?

i know apple hasn't updated iWeb for a verylong time. I haven't seen any rumors on if apple will ever update it. Does anyone know if iWeb is over???

iWeb '08, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 1:14 PM

9 replies

Feb 3, 2012 3:38 AM in response to danfromnv

I haven't heard any rumours, but i have an opinion..!

iWeb is great. it does almost everything you want, quickly and very very easily. You can post your site with MobileMe (as i have for several years) or an independant provider (I've been using Macace for a while and everything works perfectly). I know nothing about html !!

I'd like it if you could set anchors in iWeb, (so you could set a link to a point further down the same page), but i can't see that happening.

As far as I'm concerned, updating applications is often counter productive - have you seen what Microsoft have done to Word ??!!!

It's not broken, so don't fix it.

Sep 27, 2012 8:20 AM in response to Paul Richards4

iWeb was only ever created in the first place to go with MobileMe to support web publishing, so when they decided to get rid of MobileMe and replace it with iCloud, there was no need to keep iWeb any longer, which is why they withdrew support for it and stopped selling iLife.

Perhaps it is time to start finding out a litte about html. All you do is click on the html snippet and drag and drop it onto your iWeb page and then copy and paste code there and click on Apply. If you want to make good websites these days, then you need to know some html.

If you have iWeb, you can continue to use it for as long as it works with the Mac OS's.

will apple update iweb anytime soon or ever?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.