Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OpenDirectory Replica ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s failed (10.7.3)

Hi there,

i am searching for this one for quite a while without finding anything. Just found a couple of Threads where this error occured in concert with Active Directory. So I am sorry, if this question was answered before.

I have 2 Mac Pro Servers running OS X Lion 10.7.3 (updated today).

One works as the OD Master (called "Holmes"), while the other one (called "watson") should act as the first one's replica.

Concerning Server Admin setting up the replic worked quite well and the Master tells me that its replic would be "OK".

Clients can logon. However in the past, after a while clients couldn't login via Watson and the log filled with various error messages like:

Feb 2 22:17:59 watson slapd[5682]: slap_client_connect: URI=ldap://172.30.0.1:389 ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s failed (-2)

Feb 2 22:17:59 watson slapd[5682]: do_syncrepl1: client_connect failed (-1)

Feb 2 17:41:11 watson AppleFileServer[231]: _Assert: /SourceCache/afpserver/afpserver-585.2/afpserver/AFPRequest.cpp, 2005

Feb 2 17:41:11 watson AppleFileServer[231]: _Assert: /SourceCache/afpserver/afpserver-585.2/afpserver/AFPRequest.cpp, 2005

The first clearly has to do with LDAP, the other two are something coming from ASF. However i could not find out what's wrong...

I hoped that it would end with 10.7.3, but since these errors are coming in again I have my doubts.

Does anybody know anything about this? I googled a lot about this, but couldn't find a thing.

kind regards,

Christian

Mac Pro

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 1:36 PM

2 replies

Mar 13, 2012 1:30 PM in response to Jonathan_Yammer

What helped for me is using server.app to create the od master. First on master use server admin under service choose opendirectory but don't do anything else than selecting and save.

Then use server.app under Add Users there's a link pointing to something similar to network accounts.

That link will popup the server.app's wizard to create an od master.

Then on future replica use serveradmin to create the replica. That solved my problem.

Serveradmin messes up _ldap_replicator when creating the master. that's what i think.

OpenDirectory Replica ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s failed (10.7.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.