Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I edit books once it is published?

I can't find any place in iTunes Connect to change the content/desciption/etc of my iBook once it is published. I need to also reupload a revision to fix some of the issues of the book and add some media files.

How do I do these things? Please help!

iBooks Author-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 2:56 PM

11 replies

Feb 2, 2012 4:23 PM in response to K T

Please tell me this isn't true! 😢

I got so many "Import Error" when I published that I decided to do a scale down version of the book without bells and whistles. I hope to get it up first and update later - and now it cannot be done?

There must be a way to revise the book... isn't this what eBook is all about?

How do you change the "publishing" details? Can I change the description to tell others to download from my site?

Feb 3, 2012 7:13 AM in response to Nathan Pinard

I just did that - go through iTP, get back the meta data via Vendor ID (it seems that this is related to book, not vendor? Shouldn't this be book ID?), then drag the new iBooks in, and publish!

Delivered and imported!

It is indeed an updated book with new media file, I assume this will replaced the old book? Or what will happened next?

Feb 3, 2012 2:59 PM in response to Nathan Pinard

I just learned that Vendor ID is the "ISBN" for free book, so now it all makes a lot of sense.

So far iTP does not seem to care about what I uploaded, so if there is any restriction it should come from a reviewer, the machine has let me through.

Apple never send letter to me, I wonder how will I know it is approved or rejected, replaced or shown as another book.

How do I edit books once it is published?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.