3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2012 8:53 AM by William Donelson
William Donelson Level 4 Level 4 (2,495 points)

I would like to get back the "Warn Before Closing Multiple Tabs" in Safari under Lion.

The "Reopen Last Closed Windows" not good: it does not stop you from quitting safari (obviously) which is a hassle, and it does NOT restore scrolling positions on pages, does not restore playback times of videos, does not restore form being filled out, etc

Is there some way to hack Lion Safari (the plist for Sarafi is garble-coded now, not XML) via Terminal or some such?

2011 Mini i5 8GB with Radeon 6630M, Mac OS X (10.7.1), iPhone4; headless dual G5 via FW800
  • mhmcfee Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Ditto. I've been 'trained', so to speak, all this time that Safari would warn me if I mistakenly hit Cmd-Q instead of Cmd-W (or didn't realize I was back in Safari and hit Cmd-Q). I don't do it a lot, but when I do it's incredibly frustrating.

And yes, I _know_ there's a 'Reopen windows from last session' option, but that doesn't mean anything if I'm logged out of something when the browser closes. That just means I'll have 12 'please log in' windows.

Please add this option back. It's ridiculous to take it out just because there's a soft feature that sort if kind of mimics the behavior after-the-fact.

• William Donelson Level 4 Level 4 (2,495 points)

Surely there must be a hook left over from previous versions?

Some system setting via Terminal?

• William Donelson Level 4 Level 4 (2,495 points)

Restarting Safari and Reopen Last Windows, etc, does NOT restore their state, e.g. javascript, maps, data fields etc

Is there ANY way to force Safari to warn me before quitting with multiple tabs open?

Terminal? Extension? Collaring and shouting at Safari programmers? (and reporting a "bug" to Safari people has never in 10 yrs resulted in any fix for me)