Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2014 11:23 PM by pkdownunder Go to original post
  • dancincpl Level 1 (0 points)

    That did for me too! Original name on account was 'John & Kathy'...changed it to 'John' and instantly I could update my apps.  You're my hero Digital Girl!!!!

  • Scoutt Level 1 (0 points)

    Thank you soooooo much that worked perfectly!!! YOU ROCK AND SAVED THE DAY!

  • Gareth L Level 1 (0 points)

    how can i clear my cache using windows 7 ?

  • pacochan Level 1 (0 points)

    This is absolutely fantastic. I was having the same problem which appeared out of nowhere 5 days ago. Changing the first name in my account from 'Paco & Jill' to 'Paco and Jill' (removing the ampersand) seems to have solved my downloading problems. Thank you!!!

  • psesgladden Level 1 (0 points)

    Your are brilliant Digital Girl! I've been searching for the iTunes Store connection error for several days. I took the ampersand "&" out of my billing address, and I can now download apps. Thanks a bunch!

  • Digital Girl Level 1 (0 points)

    Hi Gareth:

     

    This may help with download speed:

     

    To Clear/flush DNS cache in Microsoft Windows.

     

    Start >> Run >> type cmd

    In command prompt, type

     

     

    C:\> ipconfig /flushdns

     

     

    Although, I do think it may be the billing/proifle information, you might want to check that first to see if you have an "ampersand" in there.

     

    I hope this helps.

    = )

  • Jeffandmarli Level 1 (0 points)

    FINALLY!!! A few days ago we started getting this error on everything and couldn't download or update apps. I tried EVERYTHING I could find from google searches and finally called AppleCare who was stumped and said they were "investigating it" ... Saw this about the ampersand and had to try it because our name in the system is "Jeff&marli" so I changed it to just Marli -- also slightly changed address just in case that had something to do with it. It seems the ampersand is a common theme here...wow! Thank you so much for posting that!

  • mswinger Level 1 (0 points)

    Thanks for your reply. Long story short, while on hold with apple, I did two things: I deauthorized my iPad I my account information and I took out the ampersand. The iPad immediately started downloading.  I don't know which worked and apple didn't have an explanation of "why" this would work.  Good job!

     

    Any idea how I canreauthorize my IPad?

  • mmfowler Level 1 (0 points)

    Thanks for the right solution! Who would have thought the ampersand was the problem? I emailed Apple Support and they weren't even aware of this problem. Your solution worked perfectly!

  • SNORGY1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I have no idea how you figured it out Digital Girl but it worked like a charm.  I simply took out an ampersand between my wife's and my first name in our billing information and everything began working immediately.  Thanks so much.  Apple should give you free downloads for a weekend for how you have helped those who were getting pretty frustrated with this.  Well done.

  • BigBash57 Level 1 (0 points)

    This has been driving me nuts for days now – thanks for the post – it worked perfectly.

  • you guessed it Level 1 (0 points)

    Holly crap!!! 5 days, two email conversations with Itunes tech support and no resolution. Read this post a couple of days ago, said to my self it cant be that easy, and disregarded it. Well tonight I tried it and BAM!!! It worked thanks so much

  • mcqz Level 1 (0 points)

    Thank you thank you thank you...

     

    I've been struggling with this since last Wednesday!  I had an online discussion with tech suppot, but my contact is off until Tuesday! 

     

    I found this thread tonight and struggled to figure out the instructions  (I never did figure out what or where or how to access "Terminal")  but I looked at my account data on iTunes and found an ampersand in our address - it had been there for nearly a year with no previous problems.

     

    I changed the "&" to "and" and VOILA, everything seems to work!    Yup, my 13 updates are done in the time it took to write this!

     

    Thanks again,

    Fran

    Winslow, AZ

  • yogilsu Level 1 (0 points)

    I've been struggling with this since we updated to iOS5. It was definitley the "&" in our names. So frustrating that two trips to the apple store and several emails to on-line support didn't find such an obvious fix.

     

    I'm not sure the cache had anything to do with my situation, but probably a good idea to do every so often anyways

     

    Thank you.

  • roanoke Level 1 (0 points)

    digital girl you are the best.