Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Internet keep disconnecting! (And how i solved it)

I have had a huge problem for maybe 6 months, and I have seen many users have had the same problem, therefore I would like to post my story.

I have a MacBook Pro 2.4GHZ Dual Core (2-3 years old) plus an iPad 1. They where online through a Sagem wireless router which was connected to my modem from my ISP.

Everytime I used Skype the internet disconnected after a few seconds. Several times during the day the internet also disconnected. I could get it online again (but sometimes it was hard and took maybe 10 minutes) when I chose "Renewe DCHP release".

I was really frustruated about this several times every day. What did I do?

1) I upgraded my OS 10.4 to Snow Leopard = Did not help
2) I upgraded my Snow Leaopard to Lion = Did not help
3) I tried another wireless router = It did not help
4) I changed my Sagem wireless router to an Apple Airport Extreme = It solved everything

I don't know why it was not working before, but this has solved everything. My internet is now much faster and there is never any disconnects.

I know the Airport Extreme is not cheap, but when it saves me for 2 hours anger every day its for sure worth the money 😉

Btw. is OS X 10.7.2 running perfect (read that others experienced it slowed down their MacBook Pro)

Solution: Change wireless router to Airport Extreme

If there was other good solutions I would like to hear it?

Thanks
KHA

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 1:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 5:25 AM

:-)

1 reply

Wireless Internet keep disconnecting! (And how i solved it)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.