Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"fast start" for .MP4 H264/AAC ?

Hi,

I am looking now for a "fast start" option in Compressor 4 for .MP4 H264/AAC encoded files.

Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks

Eric

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 3:11 AM

6 replies

Feb 29, 2012 8:00 AM in response to Eric Azerty

Eric,

See if this works for you. Start with the Broadband High preset (you could use any preset). Open the Encoder pane; in File Format, choose Quick Time; Click on Video Settings and in Compression Settings, select H.264. Set your data and then Optimize for streaming. Return to Encoder and open Audio settings to specify thge format you want; In the Encoder, select Streaming and then select Fast Start. In the Extension box, change the extension from .mov to .mp4. You should wind up with a MP4 H.264 CBR preset.

Good luck.

Russ

Mar 4, 2012 9:05 AM in response to Russ H

With this workaround (if I did it well...) I get much much rapid start on my iPhone (HTTP Streaming) than previoulsly, but on PC web browsers the stream (RTMP) isn't played.

😢

I get a JW Player message saying "Stream not found : my_movie.mp4"

As the file is on server, I think that it's not recognized as a valid compatible RTMP file...

Sounds logical for you ?

"fast start" for .MP4 H264/AAC ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.