Skip navigation

"fast start" for .MP4 H264/AAC ?

1373 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2012 10:35 AM by Russ H RSS
Eric Azerty Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 3, 2012 3:11 AM

Hi,

I am looking now for a "fast start" option in Compressor 4 for .MP4 H264/AAC encoded files.

Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks

Eric

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1
  • Russ H Level 6 Level 6 (12,925 points)
    Feb 29, 2012 8:00 AM (in response to Eric Azerty)

Eric,

See if this works for you. Start with the Broadband High preset (you could use any preset). Open the Encoder pane; in File Format, choose Quick Time; Click on Video Settings and in Compression Settings, select H.264. Set your  data and then Optimize for streaming. Return to Encoder and open Audio settings to specify thge format you want; In the Encoder, select Streaming and then select Fast Start. In the Extension box, change the extension from .mov to .mp4. You should wind up with a MP4 H.264 CBR preset.

Good luck.

Russ

Feb 29, 2012 3:38 PM (in response to Eric Azerty)

It's an odd workaround, but that optimize streming selection is the only way I was able to get a constant bit rate with Fast Start available in the Encoder panel. Hope you're able to translate and the settings work for you.

Good luck.

Russ

Mar 4, 2012 10:35 AM (in response to Eric Azerty)

Eric…I honestly don't know the answer. From this point out, I'd only be guessing.

The only thing that I can think of suggesting is that you summarize your issue and post in the Compression Techniques forum at Creative Cow. There are people there who are more experienced in cross-platfom issues.

Again, good luck.

Russ

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.