Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having problems sending text messages to one particular person. Help!?

I can send texts to everyone else except one person..have no idea why. I could text last night just fine, but this morning I found I couldn't. Please help!

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 6:55 AM

If you can send to everyone else, it is likely that the problem is with that one person. They likely have an issue.

11 replies

Feb 4, 2012 5:28 PM in response to Mary Bishop

My friend had the exact issue probably. It just happened to someone who was on the same carrier and the network and coverage was fine, he used a 4S while the recipient, another friend was using iPhone 4.

What I did to his 4S which solved the issue for him comes as follows:

1. Airplane mode - however after turning off airplane mode, his 4S was stuck in "searching..." forever.

2. I forced shutdown his 4S ( hold power button and home until your iPhone turns off)

3. After the iPhone started up again, he could text that guy.

Does it solve your issue? (btw the iPhone 4 guy could send texts to the 4S)

Mar 5, 2013 5:08 PM in response to Mary Bishop

I'm having the same issue!

It all started 2 weeks ago when I tried to force an i-cloud backup which failed. I re-booted my phone and when it came back on I had lost all my message histories (I hardly ever delete messages)

I have been able to send and receive text messages and calls from all i-phone and android phones except for 1 android phone - my mums! She can send texts to me, and I can receive and make calls to her. She received texts from other phones.

I have tried:-

Airplane mode on and off.

Switching phone off and back on

Re-booting.

Deleting number from phone and contacts and re-installing

Contacted service providers who were less than helpful but say no issue at their end

I have had an update installed since the issue occurred, and have also been able to back up i-cloud successfully since. My previously disappearing text histories never re-appeared.

Any other suggestions? It's driving me crazy!

Nov 25, 2015 8:25 PM in response to Tracytitanium

having the same problem. Not seeing any solutions here yet! Ugh.

Before yesterday I was able to text my daughter, and she was able to text me. Then all of a sudden I noticed I wasn't hearing a texting sound anymore, for ANY texts, but my ipad was picking them up. So I completely RESET the phone. I now can HEAR the texting sound, again, and receive texts from everyone, except my daughter. She changed nothing on her phone. So I'm sure it's on my end, but can't figure out why?

I turned the airplane mode on and back off, rebooted the phone, again, but still I cannot get her texts.

I am having problems sending text messages to one particular person. Help!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.