Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since yesterday's upgrade my quicken 2007 keeps crashing and won't print

Since yesterday's upgrade my quicken 2007 keeps crashing and won't print forms. I get the following message

file://localhost/Users/tomiacono/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202012-02-03%20at%2011.25 .58%20AM.png

24" Imac 2.8 Ghz intel core 2, Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 10:26 AM

6 replies

Feb 3, 2012 10:28 AM in response to stuffaz

You might try reinstalling the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1. If that does not fix the problem then you should backup your files, erase the drive, reinstall Snow Leopard and the 10.6.8 Combo Update. If you maintain regular backups then you can save some time by restoring your system from the day prior to installing the new security update.

Apple is aware of the problem.

A user has a patch that purportedly may fix the problem. I make no assurances that it will work: http-//www.educate-it.org/content.php?130-Rosetta-Issue-after-Security-Update-20 12-001

Feb 3, 2012 10:38 AM in response to Kappy

I did--after mine posted. We crossed in the e-mail. I'm going to wait a short while for Apple to come up with a "fix". If it doesn't happen soon, I have an offer from iBank to send them a Quicken backup file and have them do the export to an iBank account that I'll set up. If I find that I can't do that, I'll set up a "clean" iBank account and simply start fresh with current balances. My AppleWorks 6 documents are not that urgent and everything else works OK.

Thanx for the tips.!!

Feb 3, 2012 10:51 AM in response to stuffaz

Everything else on my computer works fine except Quicken 2007, "print checks" does nothing, "save to QIF" and "quit" causes Quicken to crash. However, when I reopen it, any new entries I have made are there. I tried the user patch "KAPPY" suggested, nothing changed. I use "time machine" so I have hourly backups. I'm just trying to transfer my data ( from 1989) to iBank

Feb 3, 2012 11:03 AM in response to stuffaz

I'm also trying to transfer data to iBank and am having the same problems. I also use Time Machine so I do have an external hard drive copy.

I'm hoping for a "fix" soon. If not, I'll try a couple of other alternatives to get my data to iBank. If I am unable to do that, I'll try to start with iBank "clean", create duplicates of my current accounts and use those current totals to get started. Since it's only February, most of my end-of-year data would be on iBank and I'd only have to do manual entries for January's data on reports.

Since yesterday's upgrade my quicken 2007 keeps crashing and won't print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.