Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New IPS Monitor vs Used Apple 23 Cinema Display

I am looking for an external screen for my mid 2010 macbook. I am a screenwriter and work 8-10 hours a day with text programs. Want a 16:10 resolution so I can view two pages comfortably side by side. The glossy, 27inch Apple Led gave me eyestrain and I had to return it.

Given the choice -- what would be a better bet for me? A used 23 inch Apple Display on ebay (5 years old) or a brand new IPS monitor like one of the Dell 24 inchers. The only thing that puts me off about the dell's is I heard the anti-glare screening is nasty.

Any suggestion gratefully appreciated.

Dominic

LED Cinema Display (27-inch), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 10:03 AM

2 replies

Feb 24, 2012 9:26 AM in response to scartacus

LG IPS236V-PN would be a great solution for you!!! I'm currently using an early 2011 15" MacBook Pro and experienced a similar issue when shopping for an extended display. I picked up two of these monitors, which you will often find on sale, if your a bargin hunter..

I normally don't stray away from the Apple brand, condidering everthing I own is mac!! But I found that there monitors are over priced and lack many features that are found in less expensive models, like LG, Dell, Samsung Etc.

LG IPS236V-PN is @ an affordable price range!! Has amazing graphic's!! & Perform's well for less than half the price!!

Hope this helps...

Best Regards,

Andre Phillip

Graphic Designer & Photographer

New IPS Monitor vs Used Apple 23 Cinema Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.