Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After recent update to airport on iMac, the wifi connection is lost when it goes to sleep and requires turning off wifi and turning it on to reestablish contact.

After recent update to OS on iMac, communication to airport is lost when computer goes to sleep. To reestablish connection, I need to turn wifi off then on.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 10:55 AM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2012 4:45 AM in response to animeyes66

same problem here.

i have a time capsule.

symptoms:

excessively searching for network

but more often than not, it cant find the correct netowrk that is correctly stored in keychain

if i try network assistant opened through safari not finding its page, then it can find the right network after i enter in the password again. it connects. but only for a few seconds then it loses the connection again.

the only fool proof workaround for me is:

1/ shut down time capsule. restart time capsule.

2/ restart mac with airport turned off.

3/ after restart manually select the network from the wireless icon in the menu bar

airport utility is a complete waste of time

old airport utility is still better.

After recent update to airport on iMac, the wifi connection is lost when it goes to sleep and requires turning off wifi and turning it on to reestablish contact.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.