Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Send Message Failure" iPhone 3g... Why?? Help!

I have the iPhone 3g 8gig on Rogers Speakout plan. I can make calls and browse the internet with my unlimited browsing and texting feature.. But I can NOT send Text Messages at all. I can recieve them but they come in very late. I go to send a text message and the sending bar gets to about 90-95% and then stops, then the Red Exclamation mark comes up.

Things I have tried.

- Restarting

- Calling my provider and they reset the signal

- Turning airplane mode off and then on

- Turning 3g network off and then on

- Checked for upgrades

- Upgraded iTunes

- I have tried a variety of suggestions from websites with people having the exact same problem but no straight answer.

None of these worked.

Please please somebody help me and give me an idea of how to fix this problem! It would be very much appreciated

iPhone 3G, iPhone 3g 8gig ... NOT Jailbroken

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 12:16 PM

1 reply

Feb 17, 2014 2:46 PM in response to KMfixion

It is a long time since you posted this but I have just found the solution to exactly this problem (iPhone 3GS only recently inherited from my daughter).

My text messages had all worked until I started putting something in the "subject" field then they failed to send at about 95%. I have stopped putting in a "subject" and all is now well.

I am in UK with TalkTalk that uses Vodafone network.

Can anybody please confirm this has helped or am I the only one still using a 3GS.

My problem is now trying to sync iTunes on my iMac OS10.6.8 with my iPhone, I understand the only solution is to buy a new iPhone as mine will not take anything higher than iOS6.1.3. Is there any other way of copying my music over?

"Send Message Failure" iPhone 3g... Why?? Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.