Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S Location Services Icon will NOT turn off

Greetings. I have an iPhone 4S running the most current build of iOS 5 (last iCloud sync on 2/3/2012) and the purple Locations Services arrow will not turn off.

I have terminated all open apps running in foreground and background, have turned on/off location services in the Settings menu and have rebooted the phone several times... all to no avail.

I have run an audit of sorts turning on/off location tracking for all apps listed in the Location Services menu within Settings and determined the culprit to be Apple's own Reminders app as it is the only app displaying a purple arrow icon.

Earlier today I asked Siri to remind me to do something upon arriving at work. She obliged and I have since marked the task "complete" by checking the corresponding checkbox. I have even gone so far as to fully delete all tasks marked "complete." I should also note that I am now at a different location as I am no longer at work.

As a result of the constant location pinging, my battery life is taking a considerable hit. Please help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 1:26 PM

Ok, I solved it. Rather than delete my post, I'll include my fix just in case anyone has the same issue.

It turns out that while it appeared that I had marked the Reminder complete, I was only doing so locally on the device and not universally on iCloud. Make sure when marking tasks complete, that you go to Reminders>>Lists>>iCloud >>Reminders and make sure that completed items are checked off.

I have never had to take this extra step in the past, however it seems as though syncing my MS Exchange Task list has something to do with the extra step.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2012 1:26 PM in response to illbenooneelse

Ok, I solved it. Rather than delete my post, I'll include my fix just in case anyone has the same issue.

It turns out that while it appeared that I had marked the Reminder complete, I was only doing so locally on the device and not universally on iCloud. Make sure when marking tasks complete, that you go to Reminders>>Lists>>iCloud >>Reminders and make sure that completed items are checked off.

I have never had to take this extra step in the past, however it seems as though syncing my MS Exchange Task list has something to do with the extra step.

iPhone 4S Location Services Icon will NOT turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.