Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent update kills WDS

Welp, I should have known better. I have a Dual Band Time Capsule (diskless - mainly serves as Airport Extreme) that's one generation old. It has been working fine with a first generation Airport Express in WDS mode, providing Internet for my upstairs equipment through the ethernet port.

After the recent firmware update to my TimeCapsule/Airport Extreme, all WDS options are gone. Even in the 5.6 version of the Airport Utility, you can search for WDS and it shows two "hits" for WDS settings, but there is no way to access those WDS settings that I can see at all.

Very dissapointing. I hope I have the old firmware and older Airport Utility archived somewhere 😟

Oh well - I've needed to run the wiring upstairs for some time now, I guess now is as good a time as any!

Dual Quad Core Nehalem Mac Pro, 15, Mac OS X (10.6.6), If you like my post please rate as helpful or solved - thanks!

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 3:49 PM

but there is no way to access those WDS settings that I can see at all.

Using AirPort Utility 5.6, hold down the option key on your Mac and keep holding it down as you click on the selection box for Wireless Mode.

What happens?

3 replies

Recent update kills WDS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.