Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari hanging up- 2 different computers

i hope i am in the right place... i am having problems with safari shutting down when using. it first started on my later model with snow leopard and i posted thishttps://discussions.apple.com/thread/3434832?answerId=16554772022#16554772022 and did all the replies. it seemed to stop hanging up. now it is on my husbands older model the bubble computer ver. 10.4.11 (tiger) i have tried doing everything suggested with the first computer but no luck.

the one problem i had was when i moved the safari.plist out i could not get safari to open. it says no network connection. then i moved that same plist bsack and i got the connection with internet.

can anyone help? i know we need a new mac but not in the budget as of yet.

thanks, movie lady

imac, ibook, airport extreme, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 4:12 PM

3 replies

Feb 3, 2012 4:21 PM in response to movie lady

now it is on my husbands older model the bubble computer ver. 10.4.11 (tiger) i have tried doing everything suggested with the first computer but no luck.

Hi again...

How much free space on the startup disk?

Right or control click the MacintoshHD icon. Click Get Info. In the Get Info window you will see Capacity and Available. Make sure there's a minimum of 15% free disk space.

The startup disk may need repairing.

Launch Disk Utillity located in /Applications/Utilities

Select the startup disk in thge panel on the left.

Select the First Aid tab.

Click Verify Disk (not Verify Disk Permissions)

If the disk needs reparing follow the instructions for Using Disk Utility to verify or repair disks

safari hanging up- 2 different computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.