Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my speakers on my laptop after installing Soundflower. I uninstalled soundflower but still have no sound.

When I open system preferences, all I see is: Digital out, Soundflower (2ch), Soundflower (16ch)

No more internal speakers. I have sound if I use headphones only.

Mac mini, iOS 5.0.1, Slow processor

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 4:31 PM

1 reply

Feb 3, 2012 5:41 PM in response to macminiPaul

This seems to be a known problem with soundflower (I saw a bug report on it, but that had no resolution). However, there are only two reasons this might be hapening:

• Soundflower is not being removed completely from the system
  • Soundflower removes or delinks something it shouldn't when it's uninstalled.

the first you can resolve via this support post. The second may require you to reinstall the system (unless you can figure out what Soundflower goofed up. unfortunately, Cycling doesn't list out what modifications it makes to the system, so short of digging through the installer package to figure out what it's doing...

I lost my speakers on my laptop after installing Soundflower. I uninstalled soundflower but still have no sound.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.